I just found this so I guess I won't do that. Do not do this

If you're lucky, nothing will happen.

If you're unlucky, one or both laptops will short circuit, because an hdmi transmitter sends a 5V power signal. by plugging two transmitters into each other, you send +5V from both sides, which can damage one or both computers, if they aren't designed with protection circuitry.

Applecare didn't hang up on me. He promised to call me back because he needed to do some research. Now I have no OS in my computer. The only thing I can think to do is to get an ethernet adapter and do it that way. This is all b/c they took our ethernet ports away and OS CDs away and now everything is a big deal. Otherwise I have to make an hour trip to a genius bar or some authorized repair service. frown

I was told the mail probably was buggy because I downloaded the update from the App store, but if I did it through recovery there wouldn't be a bug! What? A bug from the App store?

What version do you have? It it's not Sierra or not the latest, count yourself lucky.

Originally Posted By: artie505
AppleCare got you into this mess, so why don't you call them back and graciously allow them get you out of it? I can't believe they actually hung up on you without your Sierra d/l having begun. mad

(I know only a little about HDMI, but I'm pretty sure that what you propose to do won't work...not the right functionality.)

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8