Originally Posted By: plantsower
I don't know what you mean by keeping them in and not calling out. I thought it was a utility letting you know who was trying to get in and giving me the choice to say "no"!

Lil Snitch does not stop anything from being installed or appearing on your browser. For the internet to work and especially for eCommerce it is essential that your browser send a LOT of data to various web sites. Marketers (and others) take advantage of that to install cookies and code in web sites that “phone home” and report all of your internet activity even when you are not logged onto the originating web site. Lil Snitch monitors and filters that outgoing traffic. Ghostery purports to do much the same job, but is not as thorough and lacks the pinpoint discrimination provided by Lil Snitch. Although there is some duplication of effort Ghostery and similar apps strike me as a scattershot approach compared to Lil Snitch’s as a precision sniper approach. Of course the sniper approach requires the user to do a lot of target selection – a huge lot of target selection, and it never seems to quit needing further refinement. That’s what drove me crazy and eventually brought me to the conclusion it wasn’t worth the effort I was having to put into it.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney