I just completed installing iOS 11 on
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPad Pro
  • iPad mini
I haven't had it long enough to offer much comment other than the installation on all three devices seemed to take longer than previous iOS 10.3 updates and apparently many (most?/all?) third party apps were automatically re-downloaded and installed after the iOS 11 installation. This was particularly noticeable on the iPad mini as it has by far the slowest processor. This was not a big deal for me, but it sure might have been one if I had a slow internet connection.

The first NEW features I have encountered are:
  1. The App Store — a shiney new UI and so far it seems a significant improvement.
  2. Settings > General > iPhone Storage
    1. Offload Unused apps — Automaticially offload unused apps when you are low on storage. Your documents and data will be saved and you can redownload the app and pickup where you left off
    2. Auto Delete Old Co... — automatically removes all your messages and attachments that wee sent or received over 1 ¥ear ago
    3. Review Large Attachments — See photos videos and attachments taking up storage in Messages and consider deleting them
    4. Messsage on iCloud — up;oading all your messages and attachments can take some time, Check the upload status of the Messages app.
  3. Do Not Disturb While Driving — You will not receive notifications when you are moving (I believe the magic cutoff speed is 5 mph but I have not tested it yet
  4. Safari — When you see an icon in hte search filed that looks like lines of txt, tap it to see just the text and images — without ads.

This list could go on and on and on almost ad infinitum. More interesting stuff later and High Sierra will be in another thread when it is available.

Last edited by joemikeb; 06/27/17 03:38 PM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein