Originally Posted By: plantsower
I have been thinking about adding Little Snitch to my extensions. When reading the reviews, it is referred to as a firewall. I don't know if Adware or any other ad- stopping extension is considered a firewall but.......way back my ISP guy (small company) said that my modem or was it my router - had a firewall built in and if I put up the firewall in my Mac they could conflict. So, I never did that.

I am wondering if Little Snitch (if it is a firewall)I would conflict with the firewall in my modem more router? He also calls the modem a radio.

Little Snitch is neither an extension nor a firewall; it's an app that prevents other apps and processes from calling OUT of your MBP, as opposed to a firewall which prevents outsiders from gaining access to it.

I know virtually nothing about modems/routers with built-in firewall software, but I'd be skeptical about trusting my security to one rather than the firewall built into macOS.

Edit: I advise your NOT buying LS until you've used it in trial mode for a while to see if you like it; it's kinda wearing.

Last edited by artie505; 06/26/17 12:33 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire