Originally Posted By: plantsower
I'm still trying to figure out CleanApp. Once I found a search box on it, but then couldn't find it again. It will take time.

The way I use CleanApp is
  1. click on the "Programs" icon at the top center of the window, which brings up a list of all apps on the system.
  2. Click on the app I want to delete in the list of apps in the left hand pane
  3. the right hand pane will be populated with
    • the app itself
    • the preference files
    • Further files.
  4. click on the reveal arrow by further files and other categories with their own reveal arrows appear.
  5. open those and additional files and folders will appear.
  6. Next to each item is a horseshoe shape that is filled in proportional to the number of CleanApp users who deleted those files as well.
  7. check the box to the left of each item you desire to delete
  8. at the bottom of the pane click the red trash can.

At the bottom of the app list there are options for narrowing the search parameters (I leave that set on "third party apps" which eliminates Apple and system apps from the list) and sorting the results as well as a search bar to find a specific app in the list of apps or you an simply scroll the list of apps — which is what I usually do.

To get to the other functions I mentioned click on the ellipse ( … ) at the top of the CleanApp window.

Always allow some time for CleanApp to populate the lists. There is a deamon that runs in background to track new installs and record what files and folders are involved. That is not essential, but it does speed populating the lists of files.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein