Originally Posted By: artie505
I think I can speak for all of us in saying that with High Sierra, more than ever before, we're looking forward to your pre-release reports.

Which is interesting to me, because by Apple's own admission High Sierra is almost entirely an "under the hood" release. Other than some security control tweaks in Safari (which are already available in Safari Technology Preview), some enhanced image editing tools in Photos, and a few tweaks in what can be stored on iCloud very little will be apparent to the average user.

Personally I am interested in what and how much cross fertilization of features there will be between High Sierra and iOS 11. The iOS 11 apps/features Files, App Switcher, and Drag & Drop are all targeted at making the iPad Pro a serious alternative to the MacBook Air and MacBook for dedicated road warriors (it is a lot easier to go through the TSA security check with an iPad than a MacBook and This 9to5Mac article shows the new iPad Pro outperforming the new MacBook Pro in some speed tests.). Third party apps have already made the iPad Pro/Apple Pencil combo useful I/O devices for Apple Desktops and iCloud enhancements will make it even easier to split tasks between the iPad and Mac to take maximum advantage of the I/O strengths of each platform. The dividing lines between MacOS, iCloud, and iOS is looking more and more like a continuum rather than discrete environments -- which appears to me where Apple is headed in the long term.

This 9to5Mac article shows the new iPad Pro outperforming the new MacBook Pro in some speed tests.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein