Originally Posted By: plantsower
I've decided to transfer just certain files to my new MBP from my old one. I tried to use Migration Assistant but found out I need to be connected either to a network (which sounds complicated when I read about it), a firewire or usb cable or an ethernet cable for which I have no port on my new MBP nor an adapter.

Before we go any further, let's be certain that you understand how Migration Assistant works.

You can't migrate "just certain files", rather you can only migrate the bulk items offered in MA's menu. You cannot drill down into any of those items to migrate them in part. (This screenshot will give you an idea of what I mean.)

All considered, I suspect that your best option is to simply use drag & drop to move stuff from your external clone to your new MBP.

If you still want to use MA, you can migrate from your external clone to your new MBP via USB.

If you must migrate directly from your old MBP, that'll be a-whole-nother matter, beginning with "Can you even access its contents?"

Hope this clarifies things.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire