Originally Posted By: plantsower
Anyway, there is definitely something wrong with my Mac, even using the external drive, it's acting wonky now and then. So, I need a new one and will use this as a backup.

You read every post? Wow, that must be time consuming!

After reading all kinds of stuff about "new" no more warrantied macs, (2015 models for example) and refurbished macs, I guess I will go the refurbished way on Apple. Now I need to just quit being cheap and spring for the $929 before it goes away. Do you happen to know how often they discount refurbished Macs? Will the next discount be way down the road?

Thanks, Artie.

Can you be more specific than "wonky"?

If you've never run Apple Hardware Test, you ought to consider running the extended version.

On the other hand, though, chances are that it's no more than your clone having the same issues that were causing your internal to beachball.

Personally, I'm still of the opinion that there's absolutely nothing physically wrong with your MBP (with the possible exception, and I think it's a long shot, of its HDD beginning to go bad).

Reading every post doesn't take all that much time; composing responses is what eats up my time. At MFIF it took me considerably more time to deal with only the OS X posts, so much so, in fact, that I never looked at any of the other forums.

Wise decision to buy a refurb from Apple, but the price of the discontinued 2012's never varied from $929, and I wouldn't hold my breath for the price of the 2015s to do any differently; Apple's refurb price is their price, same as their current model prices.

It sounds like you've decided on the 128 GB model, and you can expect those to be around for a while, almost continuously at first, because it's the stock model. The configured models, the 256 GB model, for instance, turn up erratically from the get-go, so if you want one of those you should probably act quickly.

Last edited by artie505; 06/11/17 01:06 AM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire