Originally Posted By: plantsower
I signed up at Refurbme.com. You give them your filters like cost, memory needs, etc., and where you want to buy it, and they email you when it becomes available. That will save me some checking though I will check from time to time anyway at the Apple refurbished store.

Out of curiosity, I visited refurb.me, and it was immediately evident that their listing of 13" MBPs available from the Apple Refurb Store is seriously incomplete, and more curious, any machine for which both sites show "Save $xxx", their posted saving is exactly $100 more than Apple's...obviously not an especially reliable source of info.

By the way, I'm not sure what you're thinking at this point, but I continue to strongly advise that you not buy from LA; the extra $70 is no big deal, because the guy's been helpful, but foregoing 5 months or so of AppleCare without its being a necessity is, in my opinion, not a particularly wise thing to do.

Last edited by artie505; 06/10/17 08:46 AM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire