The last time I bought my Macbook Pro I asked around here, went to Best Buy and just got it. I think I am maybe being too anal about this. Seeing as I haven't even used 50 gb on my 500 gb HD in 5 years and my habits aren't likely to change much, I should probably just get the MF839LL/A I've been looking at with the 125 gb and 8 gb RAM (double what I have) and be done with it.

I promised the owner of LA computers I would let him know what I am doing since he's given me a lot of his time. He wants me to call him so he can give me all the ins and outs of stuff, but I've pretty much gotten it here. He admitted the $929.00 price for the refurbished one is a good price. I don't know why I am putting this off. If I couldn't have started up my Mac via an external drive, I would already have purchased something!! Geez, someone start a fire under me!!

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I thought the higher the number, the faster. We'll just have to wait and see what someone else's input is.

I didn't look to see specifically what you were referring to, so maybe it's about heat control, i.e. some machines like MacBooks and MacBook Airs are so thin that faster processors would generate more heat than they could handle.

If newer Macs of the same model have "slower" processors than their predecessors, that could be efficiency...maybe.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8