Originally Posted By: plantsower
My three partitions are Mavericks, Mt. Lion and Misc

We still aren't exactly communicating about the external drive. Don't get exasperated. I am just gonna leave it alone and work off the external drive any time I need my old MBP since I can't get a grip on what you are saying exactly unless you want to say it again and number the steps!.

So even after you changed the track pad back to "normal" you still don't like it? Yikes for me.

We're getting there!

I'm going to d/l SuperDuper! so I can see precisely how it works and number the steps, but in the meantime, I'm still not certain about your three volumes: which ones are on your internal, and which ones are on your external? (My guess is that Mt. Lion is on your external and Mavericks is on your internal, but where is Misc, which I assume is not bootable, i.e. doesn't have OS X on it...merely data?)

More: There's absolutely no reason why you should need to boot what appears to be a perfectly good machine from an external drive, and I'll be damned if I can't get you to that point!

I don't remember if the "Force Click..." box was checked or unchecked by default, so I'm not sure what "normal" is, but I tried working with it checked soon after I got my MBP, and I didn't like it at all, so I"ve been working with it unchecked for the past year, and I'm still not comfortable with my Force Touch trackpad.

Last edited by artie505; 06/04/17 02:50 AM. Reason: More

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire