Originally Posted By: plantsower
I looked at the Apple Store refurbished models per your link and I found one right below the $1099 one for $1189 and it has twice the SSD space! I am also looking forward to bossing Siri around.

The machines in the Refurbished Store come and go...sometimes pretty quickly, so when you see what you like, it's best to jump on it unless you don't mind waiting around for the next one, which may not come up for days...even weeks. (All else aside, the MBP from Apple will have about 5 months more warrantee time than the one from the other guy.)

You'll never catch me talking to Siri unless I'm locked away in solitary.

I am thinking you probably tried this to make the track pad more to your liking but I will quote it anyway from what I found online: Use your Force Touch trackpad more like a traditional trackpad, you can easily do that too. And if you later change your mind, you can turn it right back on. Launch System Preferences. Click on Trackpad. Uncheck Force Click and haptic feedback to disable.

Thanks for posting that, but that's the way I"ve been running.

I guess I"m just stuck with the Force Touch's quirks and eccentricities. frown

I'm still fearful of doing what you said with my SuperDuper because I'm not completely sure what to do. I usually plug it in and then the three partitions show up and I click Erase and then it erases the one partition I choose and then puts back all the info from the hard drive. I really don't know how to go backwards from that to go the other way.

You've pretty much answered you own question.

Launch SD!, click "Erase", choose "Macintosh Hard Drive", and SD! will erase it and clone over the data from "the hard drive", i.e. your external.

By the way, what are the three volumes that show up...Macintosh Hard Drive, Recovery Partition, and your external?

Note: I advise your doing the DU erase despite the fact that SD! does its own; the DU erase will leave you with a cleaner slate.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire