Are you saying it's better for me not to answer between the lines? OK, I won't. I looked at the Apple Store refurbished models per your link and I found one right below the $1099 one for $1189 and it has twice the SSD space! They come with Sierra. I told the guy at the other store I was looking at what you said about the dates of the touch bar, etc. I let him know I would probably buy one from the apple store. I am thrilled about the more SSD even though I haven't even hit 50 gb on my old MBP. I am also looking forward to bossing Siri around. I am thinking you probably tried this to make the track pad more to your liking but I will quote it anyway from what I found online: Use your Force Touch trackpad more like a traditional trackpad, you can easily do that too. And if you later change your mind, you can turn it right back on.
1 Launch System Preferences. Click on Trackpad. Uncheck Force Click and haptic feedback to disable.
Originally Posted By: artie505

I'm still fearful of doing what you said with my SuperDuper because I'm not completely sure what to do. I usually plug it in and then the three partitions show up and I click Erase and then it erases the one partition I choose and then puts back all the info from the hard drive. I really don't know how to go backwards from that to go the other way.

Reformatting your posts is insanely difficult, so I'll respond thusly this time...

1. artie: Had the original purchaser bought the 2016 model I could see the mind change and upgrade, but since se went for the $200 cheaper 2015 model in the first place, I'll scratch my head.

Rita: Is that because the Touch Bar wasn't available back then anyway?

Yep! The Touch Bar was first introduced in October 2016, so an upgrade from the 2016 non-TB to the TB would make some sense, while an upgrade from the 2015 non-TB to the 2016 TB doesn't...in my eyes anyhow.

2. artie: At any rate, the same MBP is available from the Apple Refurbished Store for $1,099 as I type.

Rita: Yeah, but the refurbished one is not eligible for AppleCare which I like.

That's incorrect! All Apple refurbs come with their standard one year warrantee and are eligible for AppleCare...same as their new machines.

3. Rita: I've got SuperDuper if that's what you mean but I don't know how to get it back onto my MBP just back onto the external drive. I'm willing to try since I can't get to my internal drive anyway.

I've never seen the SuperDuper! GUI, but I imagine it's similar to that of Carbon Copy Cloner, which I'm running.

Presumably, you created a SD! task that clones from your internal HDD to your external, so look at what you did, and create a new, reversed task, i.e. treat your external as your source and your internal as your destination.

Last edited by plantsower; 06/03/17 09:01 PM.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8