Originally Posted By: plantsower
This is for Jon Chuzi or anyone else who has input. I know a lot of people like Disk Warrior but this is what I found on some Amazon reviews. There were good reviews for sure but the bad ones scared me.

Any one experience this kind of stuff?
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
All I can say is that I have never had a problem with Disk Warrior. There are always people who say negative things but, without knowing details about what happened, I can't speculate about where the fault lies.

I'm with Jon. ".... maybe something else was going on."

I don't pay much attention to the reviews of people who are not qualified experts who base opinions on lab tests, proper levels of expertise, et cetera. My reason is simple.

The Mac is an easy machine in which to goof around "under the hood" and therefore people are inclined to do so. However, because many are without any knowledge of what the consequences might be of a tweak here and a tweak there, they compromise their systems.

Then when they try to use a piece of software like DiskWarrior, the software has no idea what it's dealing with and is unable to perform properly. Of course, these people never place the blame on their goofing about....they blame, and bad-mouth, perfectly good software.

So, given I have an an untweaked system, I thought I'd give you some realistic information and got out my DiskWarrior. Using the USB flash drive provided by DiskWarrior, I've just completed a system rebuild. The software worked perfectly.

Originally Posted By: plantsower
.....someone was saying the latest one (Disk Warrior 5?) is more difficult to use. I hadn't thought about it being complicated.

Nonsense...click, click, click and Bob's yer uncle.

Last edited by ryck; 06/02/17 08:10 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C