I'd spend money on the postage to get your iBook only on the assumption that V1 can bail it out, but if it actually can be bailed out, my taking it wouldn't be fair to you. I don't think that way. If someone can use what I give away, all the better. I am always giving stuff to the Thrift store rather than selling it. No biggie to me. If you want it, ck with V1 and make a decision. I don't think it would be fair to you because you are taking a big chance. It does have Appleworks though. smile

Post the issue! You've got nothing to lose, and since it's only a backup machine, its age doesn't really matter. I'm done with the iBook issue. I've moved on. smile

Funny that early on you expressed disappointment at having to replace the "only 5 year[s] old" MBP, and now you seem to be hell-bent to buy a new one. laugh [/quote] I've become resigned and also a little excited about getting a new one. My MBP hangs up a lot as did the iBook after a few years. I've done all I can think to do and everything mentioned when I asked for help, but it's the same. So, I guess I am done with my MBP except as a backup using my external drive as that's the only way I can get it to work.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8