Originally Posted By: plantsower
Originally Posted By: artie
I don't like the Force Touch trackpad one little bit, but that's personal preference related to my usage habits.

Why don't you like it? I read where you can control the pressure feel of it in sys prefs I think. I'm a little concerned about it, too but they say you can get used to it.

I suppose you can get used to it, but I liked the Multi-touch trackpad from the get-go.

Yes, the Force Touch trackpad's click pressure can be adjusted in System Prefs, but not with a slider, rather it's a 1 - 2 - 3 setup that leaves me unable to get to where I"d like to be, and further, things I used to do effortlessly still require thinking, and unexpected things still happen...after a year, which I consider a giant step backwards.

Originally Posted By: plantsower
Originally Posted By: artie
Apple hasn't got any similar MBPs listed in the Certified Refurbished Store at the moment, but I'd be curious to see their prices when they come up.

I'm not sure why they are not in the Apple website but lots of places are selling them including New Egg and Amazon. I really don't think there is hope for it and it's so old I am just going to toss it. Want it?

Nope, Apple's got them; you've just got to know where to look. wink

And since Apple's got them, they'll eventually turn up in the Refurbished Store (which, incidentally, is my preferred source).

(In reality, Newegg isn't selling them...merely fronting for other sellers, same as Amazon does, and that doesn't appeal to me in the least.)

I'd spend money on the postage to get your iBook only on the assumption that V1 can bail it out, but if it actually can be bailed out, my taking it wouldn't be fair to you.

Post the issue! You've got nothing to lose, and since it's only a backup machine, its age doesn't really matter.

Funny that early on you expressed disappointment at having to replace the "only 5 year[s] old" MBP, and now you seem to be hell-bent to buy a new one. laugh

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire