Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
When the conference happens in June and they maybe feature new macs, does that mean they will be available then or at some future date?

Originally Posted By: artie
When new Macs are announced, they generally aren't available for several months. joemike opined "third quarter".

I don't think I want to wait that long. The link I sent you from LA Computer Company seems to have the most bells and whistles by which I mean inlines than any new ones. I wouldn't have to have the hemorrhoid look by attaching so many adaptors. Are dongles the same as adaptors? It's also eligible for AppleCare since the original warranty is still good until 1/18.

The MBP to which you linked is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), and yes, its 2 x USB 3.0 ports and combined headphone/line in jack, etc, provide functionality that's missing from later models. (By definition, a dongle is either a software unlocking or Internet connectivity device, but I think the word has fallen into the vernacular as [almost?] anything [other than a cable, of course] that plugs into a USB, FireWire, or Thunderbolt port, so under that definition, an adaptor is a dongle.) OK, thanks.

I don't like the Force Touch trackpad one little bit, but that's personal preference related to my usage habits. Why don't you like it? I read where you can control the pressure feel of it in sys prefs I think. I'm a little concerned about it, too but they say you can get used to it.

Personally, I'd like to know why this open box MBP is available...buyer changed mind or out of the box defective. Good question. I just emailed the store owner to find out. If all the new Macs are coming with less and less inlines, then I definitely want an older one like this.

Apple hasn't got any similar MBPs listed in the Certified Refurbished Store at the moment, but I'd be curious to see their prices when they come up.
I'm not sure why they are not in the Apple website but lots of places are selling them including New Egg and Amazon. I forgot my iBook was still on my profile. I will remove it. I really don't think there is hope for it and it's so old I am just going to toss it. Want it?

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8