Originally Posted By: Rita
...something that is tried and true more than brand new but not real old.

That's more or less of a description of your current MBP! wink I know, I know! frown

Well, now, where the heck did that come from all of a sudden? (You need to change your sig. wink ) [color:#FF0000Huh?][/color]

Your original post in this thread said "[color:#3366FF]Help! I am using my old IBook right now.[/color]"

I can see the battery having died of disuse atrophy, but are you saying that your iBook won't even start up if it's plugged into the wall? Yep, plugged in. It was working okay but kind of dim. Then the next time I tried to use it it wouldn't start up at all. Not even the Apple page with the chime.

Originally Posted By: Rita
When the conference happens in June and they maybe feature new macs, does that mean they will be available then or at some future date?

When new Macs are announced, they generally aren't available for several months. joemike opined "third quarter". [/quote] I don't think I want to wait that long. The link I sent you from LA Computer Company seems to have the most bells and whistles by which I mean inlines than any new ones. I wouldn't have to have the hemorrhoid look by attaching so many adaptors. Are dongles the same as adaptors? It's also eligible for AppleCare since the original warranty is still good until 1/18.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8