This is a combined response to joemike and Rita.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I think I am hearing you say you want a new computer and, if that is the case, then no amount of backing and filling, upgrading, or enhancing your current Macbook Pro is likely to ever satisfy you.

The score: Dunninger: 1
                 artie        : 0

Your sentiment is 1000% correct, but I thought Rita was merely biting the bullet and researching in anticipation of an ultimate reality in which her MBP is bricked until "iBook G4 - OSX - Tiger 10.4.11 - Safari 4.1.3 (still own but don't use much)" changed to "...I still want to keep my MBP but since my iBook bit the dust (I mean really bit the dust more than my MBP) I need a backup so my old MPB will be just that."

Well, how about that!

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
From my bleeding edge viewpoint the Touch Bar feature is a significant new feature that like many others is hard to grasp until you have actually used it.

I've neither run across nor searched for any commentary about the Touch Bar, but the fact that getting one necessitates spending an extra $300 on an MBP probably speaks VOLUMES to many people.

Originally Posted By: Rita
...something that is tried and true more than brand new but not real old.

That's more or less of a description of your current MBP! wink

By the way, I just went through the entire Apple Refurb Store, and with the exception of a Refurbished March 2015 11.6-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 for $759, your current MBP for $829 was the least expensive machine listed...when it was listed: Apple's entire stock of them (however many that might have been) sold out overnight.

...I still want to keep my MBP but since my iBook bit the dust (I mean really bit the dust more than my MBP) I need a backup so my old MPB will be just that.

Well, now, where the heck did that come from all of a sudden? (You need to change your sig. wink )

Your original post in this thread said "Help! I am using my old IBook right now."

I can see the battery having died of disuse atrophy, but are you saying that your iBook won't even start up if it's plugged into the wall?

When the conference happens in June and they maybe feature new macs, does that mean they will be available then or at some future date?

When new Macs are announced, they generally aren't available for several months. joemike opined "third quarter".

Last edited by artie505; 06/01/17 02:53 PM. Reason: Add Dunninger link

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire