> Font Book only shows installed fonts [....]

As I mentioned, it can be made to show uninstalled fonts, but only one-at-a-time.

> [...] Font Doc opens folder by folder, not helpful. I want to see every font on my computer, installed or not, in a preview list.

Your "folder-by-folder" observation about FontDoc is correct, so I performed an experiment on your behalf...

1. I created a new folder called "Uninstalled Fonts" in /Users.

2. I moved /~/Library/Fonts (1 item) and /~/Library/Fonts Disabled (55 items) into said folder.

3. Using command-O in FontDoc I navigated to and selected the top folder, i.e. "Uninstalled Fonts," and clicked on "Choose."

4. The contents of both folders, 56 items, opened up in my FontDoc window.

I then performed another experiment...

5. I moved /~/Library/Fonts Disabled (which FontDoc does not recognize automatically) into /~/Library/Fonts (which FontDoc does recognize automatically).

6. I launched FontDoc and discovered that it did not recognize the contents of the new subsidiary /~/Library/Fonts Disabled folder.

and a third...

7. I found that Font Book>Users displayed all 56 fonts in the two folders in /~/Library, but, as already noted, only one-at-a-time.

Summarizing, then, you can view all of your uninstalled fonts at once, no matter how many folders hold them, as long as all those folders are subsidiaries in one "parent."

As for viewing all of your fonts, those installed in both OS X standard and non-standard locations, at once, I refer you to the 140 hits returned by a VersionTracker search for "font", and encourage you to do some (hopefully successful) digging and report back on your findings.

Edit: That, of course, is not meant to negate the possibility that some power user is aware of an app the suits your needs...merely to point out that I'm not your guy.

Last edited by artie505; 09/29/09 09:11 AM. Reason: Edit:

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire