With a recent upgrade to El Capitan all my photos were converted from iPhoto to Photos, and I have maintained all the original iPhoto folders and albums. However, I am now stymied as to importing photos and assigning them to albums.

In iPhoto I would simply click and drag the jpegs to the iPhoto icon in the Dock. They would appear as the last entries in the main library of photos and I would just click and drag them to the desired album(s).

It appears I cannot do that anymore. Here's what happened:

1. I clicked and dragged 3 jpegs from my hard drive to the photos icon in the dock.

2. Those photos appeared in Photos in a folder under the heading "Import".

3. They are not in the "Photos" library even though Photos Help says "By default, the photos and video you import into Photos are stored in the Photos library on your Mac." (And, yes,in Preferences I have checked "Copy items to the Photo library")

4. I tried to click and drag from the folder under "Imports" to the desired album, by first selecting all 3 images. However, as soon as I try to move them, the one I click on de-selects.

5. I tried to do it one at a time, but nothing moves. (However, even if that did work, it'd be an ongoing painfully slow process with several pictures.)

Anyone know how the filing system works.....or have a good link?

Last edited by ryck; 05/14/17 03:21 PM. Reason: Question added.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C