Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
I'm more agnostic than theistic, because i don't claim to know one way or the other (let alone have knowledge of any details). It's more of a "feeling" really, that something *beyond* congealed matter is behind all this (life, you, me, etc).

Throughout history, many people have had many feelings about the way the universe has operated, all unsupported by evidence and often in sharp contrast with one another.

It is a natural human urge to want to believe in something "more." I don't understand why this is necessary; the universe is filled beyond measure with elegant truths, many of which far surpass our feeble imaginations of gods and demons. Faith describes tiny, limited worlds; the reality is majestic and beautiful beyond imagining.

The gift of science, as unappreciated as it is, is that it lets us learn that the physical universe is awe-inspiring beyond the wildest dreams of prophets and seers.

If you wish to understand the majesty of reality, feel with your heart, but check your facts. smile

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html