Given the numerous and apparently long-in-the-tooth FTM members, I suspect there may be an untapped reservoir of experience with respect to cataract removal and intraocular lens (IOL) replacement among same.

Two weeks ago I had a very dense cataract removed (since I was effectively blind = no useful vision in that eye) and replaced with a top-notch IOL (Alcon's AcrySof Toric IOL). For ca 30 minutes post-surgery the vision in that eye was eagle-eye superb. Then the inflammatory process set in which caused my vision to return to the status quo ante — not at all enjoyable.
I was advised that, because of the density of the cataract, higher power of ultrasound needed to be employed in emulsifying the cataractous lens, which in turn produced much greater inflammatory reponse than usual.
I was put on a couple of anti-inflammatory ophthalmic meds which (to my mind at least) should resolve the condition. But at this point the vision in that eye is extremely hazy (although considerably less so than earlier) but doesn't seem to be noticeably progressing to a proper resolution (ie, clear vision). Again, I have been reassured by my surgeon that it should resolve.
I am getting more and more discouraged about the slow if not stagnant pace, especially since my other eye has an incipient cataract which will need to be dealt with in short order but which can't be until I have useful vision in the first eye.
I have no intention of going down the white-cane road.

So, does anybody have similar experience and/or pearls of wisdom to impart with respect to the above?