Originally Posted By: ryck
I thought this would establish that the route to the Calendar files was now to Documents rather than the Library. However, my machine simply established a new Calendars file in Library, except that it was totally blank. I was able to put the new file in the trash and re-establish from a copy.

Was my understanding of the process not correct?

Your system was doing exactly what it was designed to do when it recreated the empty calendar file. Relocating system files/databases is neither simple nor easy by design. While there are procedures for changing the physical location of the Photos and iTunes Libraries, as far as I know there is no way of changing the location of either the Calendar and Contacts databases through the GUI. Like most support files those locations are hard coded into the OS and the applications and do not take kindly to being moved. If you are good at Unix administration you might be able to fool the system into using a different location with hard links or even aliases, but that would invariably require high maintenance to keep it working and might have to be reset after any update or upgrade.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein