Originally Posted By: ryck
….I just want to be sure I can restore the deleted files either from my Time Machine or Super Duper backups.

Originally Posted By: tacit
The files can be restored, but they'll just be deleted again if you restore them to the same place they came from.

Why should that happen after I have I have indicated, by signing out, that I do not wish to be connected to iCloud anymore? It seems to me that any further poking around on my machine after the disconnect is invasive.

I ask because, before going through the process of storing the files in a different location and then signing out, I ran a quick experiment. I put the Calendar files in Documents and then opened Calendars using the icon on my desktop.

I thought this would establish that the route to the Calendar files was now to Documents rather than the Library. However, my machine simply established a new Calendars file in Library, except that it was totally blank. I was able to put the new file in the trash and re-establish from a copy.

Was my understanding of the process not correct?

I am concerned that Apple's apparent wish to invade my privacy will leave me in a situation where I am constantly having to restore files.

Last edited by ryck; 05/08/17 12:45 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C