Originally Posted By: pbGuy
By the way, if one want's to Change their Apple ID, one can do so at this Manage ID login. This can also be done from an iOS device, running iOS 10.3.1, in Settings; however, I think it's a bit easier doing this task logged into one's Account via the above Link

Thanks for the link. I went there and, as expected , Apple knows my ID and password.

Originally Posted By: pbGuy
Here's the Apple Link which will assist you in correctly resolving your Apple / iCloud login issues Link

I also went there and ended up with a "Sign Out" that would delete information from my iMac. I already have that in my original post….so I'm back where I started...my original query:

Assuming that, by other devices, Apple includes Time Machine and Super Duper backups I'd like to hit that delete button and get rid of iCloud once and for all. I am also assuming that, when I hit the delete button, my Super Duper and Time Machine backups should be turned off.

If I'm correct about the last paragraph, what's the correct process to restore my Calendars and Reminders?

I just want to be rid of iCloud. It's totally unnecessary for my simple needs and therefore, for me, it is just a giant a pain in the _____.

Last edited by ryck; 04/19/17 03:08 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C