Pendragon, Thanks for the link, but I looked at that page and many more the first time I ran into the out of storage problem. I tried all of the fixes, but none of them worked. In the end, I had to do a factory reset of the phone and then a restore from backup to fix the problem. So, I'll do that again when I have a few hours to kill.

It just ticks me off that I have to go through this grief every time there's an OS update.

FYI, I had the phone replaced two years ago because of a battery problem. So it's probably a recent hardware revision if not the latest.

As for messaging, it appears that it's working again. I don't know what I did, but it is working now, except for another newly added juvenile "feature". It appears that I can't send a message unless it goes with some kind of asinine special effect: "Slam", "Loud", "Gentle" or "Invisible Ink". I wonder why they didn't include "obnoxious", "infantile" or "idiotic" just to round out the list?

Does anyone know how to just send the effing text message without all the moronic special effects?

MacBook Pro 15" (2015)
Sierra 10.12.6