Originally Posted By: joemikeb
The clean install as we once knew it no longer exists. Just run the installer and go.

Please set me straight on that one.

Since Rita's running a HDD, she can still zero all data on her drive or, as the case may be, partition, install a fresh Sierra download while booted from an external drive or another partition, and either do a full migration or reinstall her apps and import whatever data she needs from her source by hand.

And those of us with SSDs can do the same thing with the exception of zeroing all data.

Clean install, no? (My installation is actually optimized for clean installs, and I've done many over the years, both upgrading and refreshing my deuced Mac(hina), but I've stopped doing them because OS X/mac OS has evolved to the point at which the gyrations no longer appear to be worth the time and effort they require.)

It seems to me that the only things that have changed are that clean installs are now done via download rather than from discs, and SSD erasure limitations make zeroing all data impossible.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire