Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Hi Artie:

I DID unplug my router first. I tried all the suggestions except the thumb drive.

It wasn't clear from your posts that you had, Rita, so I asked just to be sure. (I wonder why unplugging your router didn't work for you but Ethernet did?)

I don't know where you looked for RAM, but there are any number of sources with varying price structures. I've always bought from Crucial.com, whose prices are on the high side, but others can direct you to reliable, less expensive sources. (Crucial charges ~$80 for a 2 x 4 GB upgrade for an MBP of your approximate vintage (2011?) and ~$128 for a 2 x 8 GB upgrade. By way of comparison, Apple charges $200 for a 16 GB upgrade for their latest MBPs...and you've got no choice from whom to buy it! shocked )

I don't know whether you really need 16 GB or will be just fine with 8 GB; that'll have to be your call, but hopefully you'll get some assistive input from other posters. To give us some perspective, how many tabs are you likely to have open at any given time...high end?

I found it for less. I didn't really shop around but I still thought it was high. Since my computer is mid-2012, I was concerned that paying that much just to have something else go terribly wrong (like having to replace my computer) would be a waste. If I do decide to do it, I think 8 GB is plenty since I usually have no problem with 4 GB.

Thanks, Artie. cool

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8