Originally Posted By: artie505
Nice to hear that your AHT problem is solved, but I'd love to know if unplugging the router would have worked.

Under any circumstances, though, you should always keep unplugging the router in mind as a potential fix for any sort of Internet connectivity problem.

Assuming your Safari 6.0.5 works similarly to my 10.1, yeah, every open tab eats its own ration of RAM.

It sounds like tacit is right on the mark about insufficient RAM despite the fact that Apple deemed it sufficient when they set the specs for your MBP, and you'd really do yourself a favor upgrading from 4 GB to 8 GB, but you can try closing tabs and unnecessary apps to see if it helps enough to get you by.

Hi Artie:

I DID unplug my router first. I tried all the suggestions except the thumb drive. That would have been last. I looked at the Activity monitor and I was using 399 out of 400 gb RAM. After I closed some tabs I couldn't tell much difference but this morning there is some difference.

I learned about wonky routers last year when things started going awry, so I've unplugged and restarted several different times and it always worked. I thought I might need a new router but then all the problems stopped. It's always a mystery.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8