Originally Posted By: tacit
• How much evidence do you have to support the notion that some divine cosmic being made the world in six days and created woman out of the rib of man? smile

• Or is that even the creation myth you prefer?

• Are each of these ideas "no better than any other"?

Perhaps some stories are more believable than others. laugh

I will say this: if someone [conclusively] *proves* something, it's a little late for you to 'stand up' and say you believe it. You merely learn what someone else studied. (and we all do that... so, no big deal). Myth has its place, where no proof exists.

Given all that, and given that there can be no evidence, not one shred, to support any of this, how do you choose a faith?

Originally Posted By: "Hal Itosis"
The existence of a God/Creator has neither been proved *or* disproved, AFAIK.

And cannot be. Yet I am betting that you don't believe in Apollo, Amaterasu, Geong Si, Freyr, Iris, Kagutsuchi, Maia, Marduk, Bast, Yarikh, Tiamat, Rama, Ninazu, Lugh, Hathor, Juturna, Fenrir, Ceres, Dagon, Ohkuninushi, Shapsu, Vishnu, Yum Kimil, Xochiquetzal, Tonatiuh, Selene, Shiva, Rhea, Orgelmir, Mot, Hermes, Ixtab, Davlin, Ceridwen, Athirat, Balder, or Horus, yet they can be neither proved nor disproved either. So how do you choose a god to believe in?

Just choose whatever pleases you. [it's your life friend... not mine.]

I'm more agnostic than theistic, because i don't claim to know one way or the other (let alone have knowledge of any details). It's more of a "feeling" really, that something *beyond* congealed matter is behind all this (life, you, me, etc). And i suspect we haven't yet invented the instruments to detect it, or developed the lexicon to describe it.

It's not even hard to shred. The author doesn't know what science is.

Sorry, I'm busy enough defending my own words. Perhaps if you get in touch with Davies, the two of you can discuss each other's viewpoints and reach some understanding.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 09/27/09 10:12 PM.