Let me say first off that I'm glad you've got everything sorted to your satisfaction. While hindsight may be 20/20, getting there is a different thing altogether. And once there it may be an attractive proposition to record one's experience into a FAQ others might be able to use to their advantage when confronted with similar tasks.

If you're contemplating to contribute a tutorial or two, that would be greatly appreciated! The thing to do then would be to start the requisite number of threads in the Mac FAQ Discussion forum and post your tutorials there. That way you'll have the benefit of comments and editing suggestions of this community to fine tune your contributions.

We are still working on the current batch of troubleshooting FAQ entries in Mac FAQ Discussion and hope to open a new forum featuring them soon. You're not the only one looking forward to that, and we're (aw)fully aware of the growing impatience out there. Hang in there!

In this context I take your reference to us losing the old database to mean that the presence of the (now once again searchable) archived MFI Forums database at CNet rather than here at FineTunedMac isn't helping FTM. If so I agree, and worry about the moment that CNet shuts down access to that archive. We're working on that too. tongue

alternaut moderator