Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I tried Command D and it just restarted my computer and loaded everything up. I tried Option D and got the same thing with regular D.

My computer has been running very slowly for awhile now. I have quite a bit of
hard drive storage (I am only using 453G out or 500 G.) I haven't added any ram but why should I? I don't plays games and only surf and do email mostly. I used OnyX to clean stuff up but it doesn't help speed things up. I haven't added any new plug-ins in quite awhile. I'm stumped. So, I thought maybe my hard drive was going.

Oops! I meant to say option-D. blush

Your symptoms don't sound like your HD is going, but it won't hurt to run AHT.

Can you post an iPhone pic of the "D"/option-D screen that's got you stymied so we can see what's happening? There's no apparent reason why you shouldn't be able to boot into AHT.

Before I do that, this is the response I got from another forum. What do you think? Also, is there a way to upload an iPhone pic? If not, I guess I could maybe do a screen shot.

Go to the link below and download the AHT for MBP 9.1. Burn it to a USB thumb drive formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in Disk Utility. Drag the AHT image (after expanding) on the Desktop, or in the Downloads folder depending where you have placed it. W ith the thumb drive in the USB slot, reboot and hold down Option immediately after the chime, and select the full test. The reason your Mac does not do the 'D' process it is just a year too old or so for that to work hence the download method.

As Mavericks is no longer being supported with crucial Security Updates, you might wish to upgrade the operating system. This will also upgrade Safari to version 10.

https://github.com/upekkha/AppleHardwareTest

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8