Originally Posted By: MG2009
Apple has done away with SECURE DELETE for Trash. I imagine there is some work-around within the OS using Terminal . . . BUT "Permanent Eraser" makes it so much simpler. It was easy to locate on Google, simple to download and install, and easy to use. Ta Da!

Personally, I like researching third-party apps. In the process, I often stumble across something else I wouldn't have otherwise found - or even thought to look for.

I've got no issue with third party apps; I cruise MacUpdate every day and bookmark items, including trash apps (I'd have recommended Trash It!, which has a longstanding sterling reputation.), that sound potentially useful to either me or others, but I never DEFAULT to a third party app, rather I try to work within my OS until I've established either that it can't deal with the problem or that it can, but in a more cumbersome manner than I care to deal with.

As interested as I am in keeping up with third party software, I'm more interested in avoiding it in favor of my OS, and trash, which has always been a particularly fascinating and frustrating aspect of OS X/macOS invariably sucks me in. (There's a quick, easy secure delete via Terminal option which I'd opt for rather than installing yet another app, but admittedly, not everyone is comfortable in Terminal.)

Bottom line for me remains I'd rather own my deuced Mac(hina) than allow it to own me. wink laugh

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire