JoBoy,
Quote:
How did you create that hyperlink?
I used the information found in FAQ –> What UBBCode can I use in my posts? –> Links.

On first reading, I had difficulty in figuring out the information, so if the
bracket
url=address
bracket
title
bracket
/url
bracket
is not clear, let us know.
Quote:
Also, how can I send a message to an individual on the forum without having to do this public announcement in hopes that the person will see it?
It is best if all troubleshooting questions and messages are posted in a public thread so that current and future readers and those using the Search function will have access to all information related to a topic. The primary purpose of FineTunedMac is to serve as a research library documenting a series of troubleshooting questions and replies.

A member can contact another member by clicking on his/her name in the left column, selecting View Profile, and seeing if s/he has entered an email address.
Quote:
I'm starting this new thread because my other one on this subject now occupies two pages and may be skipped for being too long.
The number of pages spanned by a topic will vary from member to member based on a person's individual settings entered in My Stuff –> Edit Preferences –>
   • Total topics to show per page: (default is 25) . . . mine is 90
        and
   • Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode: (default is 25) . . . mine is 90.

Back up everything you can't afford to lose: documents, mail, movies, music, photos, and other data and settings.