Originally Posted By: MG2009
Ahem.

"Third-party apps" can sometimes be easier to use and every bit as efficient. With a little bit of internet homework, one can sort out the good from the bad.

When you've got to first do "Internet homework", and then d/l, install, and learn how to use a third party app to get the same results you can get within the OS, itself, both "easier" and "every bit as efficient" may not even rise to the level of moot.

I don't disdain third party apps; I'm running a slew of them. But I don't go running for one until I've in one way or another exhausted the possibilities Apple has given me, and YES, researching within the OS and learning something in the process is well worth the time and effort it may take...more worthwhile in my eyes than d/l'ing and clicking like an automaton.

In a sense, it comes down to either owning your Mac or allowing it to own you, and I prefer to be in the former position! wink smirk

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire