Originally Posted By: kevs
Artie, yes, I can move to new internet cafe of friends, libraries etc for a new IP, and use private window-- but as others have pointed out, Google and many will use this digital fingerprint now.

You misread, kevs; my suggestion was that you move from cafe to cafe and use their computers, NOT your own. (I know I posted that suggestion, but I can't find it now; anybody know where it is?)

I had never heard of Panopticlick, so I checked it out, and my browser, like yours, "has a nearly-unique footprint"; I wonder what that means to Google, et al?

joemike's installation instructions aren't complicated, kevs, with the only hitch being that you may not have the designated applications folders in /Users/yourshortusername. In that case, simply create one (command-shift-N) and it will even take on an "Applications" icon. (Note that any folder he mentioned that you haven't got in the location he designated can be created in the same manner.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire