Originally Posted By: crarko
You don't actually know much science, do you?

Let's put it this way: any engineering/technical class we could possibly attend together, i would probably do as well or better than you (if i wanted to). Perhaps circuit analysis and analog/digital design was more interesting to me than rates of reaction or Maxwell's equations. I assume you are fluent with Maxwell's equations then? Or convolution? Please join the conversation and contribute some information. I've probably forgotten more science than i can remember, so i'm here to learn something interesting (if you have anything to contribute besides sarcasm that is).

Your question was highly irrelevant [especially in the context of the quote you chose, and the exchange Alex and i were having at the time] and itself was open to different interpretations. Scattered blue light is only blue because we (humans) with our retinal receptors and brain processors **perceive** that electromagnetic frequency band in that manner. We have invented the word "blue" to describe it. Perhaps a Gorp from the Ueulon galaxy (say the planet Diflaxus) might **perceive** that particular sub-spectrum as being fuchsia with yellow polka dots. [whereas red might look like grey lines to him.] In other words: the sky isn't truly blue... we just "think" it's blue. And i don't believe you've actually given the matter much thought, have you?

[if you were looking for the traditional answer dealing with molecular resonance or something, try google. Electrical engineers don't have to take more than 2 levels of chemistry (thank GOD).]

So... what was your major? smile

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 09/26/09 07:43 PM.