Originally Posted By: kevs

Also cluttering up are things I've never use and don't want:

Game Center
Tv Provider

TV provider, what is that?

I was referring to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Storage where you find individual apps you have installed, how much local storage they consume, and where they can be deleted.

You are looking in a different section of Settings. You are in the section of Settings where you control specific settings within individual apps and in this case settings for functionalities provided by Apple that are used in multiple Apple and third party apps, specifically, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo, and TV Provider. These are not apps they are accounts or linkages provided by iOS to commonly used social media. These linkages may then be used by apps. This is similar to the Internet Account settings in MacOS System Preferences. The amount of storage occupied by these accounts is probably measured in Bytes not KiloBytes or MegaBytes and are inconsequential.

As to what those accounts are:
  • Game Center is Apple's attempt to create a gaming social network.
  • Twitter is president Trump's favorite means of communication with the world
  • Facebook "helps you connect and share with people in your life"
  • Flickr "helps you store search and share our photos online"
  • Vimeo "helps you store, search, and share your videos online"
  • TV Provider "Provides access to TV shows and movies in apps that are supported as part of your TV subscription"
Those definitions, with. the exception of Game Center and Twitter can be found by touching the function in Settings. Having never used Game Center, Flickr, Vimeo, or TV Provider I cannot comment on their use.

Although you consider their presence in Settings to be clutter there is no way to get rid of them other than inducing Apple to drop them from iOS which is highly unlikely or switching to an Android phone.

Admittedly settings and storage management in iOS seems a bit baroque at first, given the screen size of the iPhone, even the iPhone Plus, and the security and functional constraints imposed by Apple, it really isn't that bad. It just takes some getting used to, particularly coming for the viewpoint of a long time Mac user. In fact this thread has forced me to become much more familiar with the organizational structure of Settings and clarified some things for me. If Apple continues to bring iOS, MacOS, TVOS, and WatchOS into ever closer alignment, I will not be surprised if Settings eventually replaces System Preferences in MacOS.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney