Originally Posted By: joemikeb
As to the alleged voting fraud It sounds as if the Voldemort White House credo is an historic quote...
Quote:
“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

― Adolf Hitler

I think you're giving Trump both more and less credit than he deserves.

When Hitler said that, he was being insightful and shrewd, and he maaay even have stuck a toe across the line into "wise" territory.

He understood that he was lying, he understood the nature of his lies, and he lied with 20-20 foresight of the implications and potential (read desired) consequences of his lying.

I don't think Trump is the possessor of any of Hitler's attributes.

Nor, on the other hand, do I think he lies with malevolent intent as did Hitler.

I don't think he even knows that he's lying.

He's proved with 100% reliability that he's incapable of accepting the fact that he's ever lost or been wrong by invariably twisting reality to make himself a winner or, as the case may be, right (even if only in his own mind), and I think that's precisely at the root of his voter fraud allegations: if there's an appearance that he lost it's because something insidious has made it appear that way.

And I don't think he's capable of foreseeing any consequences of his imaginary truths beyond the immediacy of their clearing up the mystery of why he appears to have lost or been wrong in the first place (although it's clear that people around him do see potential benefits in them and are exploiting them to their own advantage, which makes it feel more like the final years of Reagan's presidency than like Nazi Germany).

I think that what we have here is a classic case of a defendant who's incapable of understanding the nature of the charges against him.

America has sent an insane man to the White House and is about to find out the hard way!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire