Thanks for your help. I'd love to pursue this, but I think it's is beyond me. frown

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
...even if you are using a UTF16 font it is unlikely that it implements every possible alphabet character or ideogram which only serves to increase the number of blanks appearing on the text side of the Hex-editor.

But at least some of the blanks are numbers in the same font as the numbers that show up; the only difference between the visible and invisible numbers is the visible ones include a non-numeric character in their cells.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
A tactic I use is to search the text side of the hex-editor for an identifiable, and hopefully unique, character string that occurs near, or adjacent to, the position in the file I am interested in and use that as a navigational benchmark.

No can do; there's not a number I can identify that's got a "curious" cell anywhere near it. As a matter of fact, there's stuff I can identify that doesn't even appear in "text" in the same order it appears in my spreadsheet.

I imagine that an Excel expert could figure this out, but it's nowhere near important enough for me to go looking for one.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire