>> hal said:
The "outcome" of mortal life is mortal death. Perhaps it's not entirely wasteful to ponder whether or not humans potentially embody some eternal spiritual component as well. Because if we don't, then hell... let's just party like it's 1999.<<

You live, you die, and the worms, beetles and flies party like it's 1969. You go on in your progeny.

Give me a minute to ponder….OK if there is a spirit no one has produced any actual evidence.

I look at life in any form and see it end, turned into a pile of decay and be recycled into another life form. I can live with that, life and death are a cycle. If something else is going on I'm open to it, but I'm not going to build a monument, kneel in a pew, bang my head on the floor or wall to the notion. I'd rather be the fly.

>> hal said:
Too vague. Pick something specific that was refuted and then a suitable response can be formulated.<<

Archeology unearths many examples that refute the 6000-year-old earth for example. Simple observation refuted the flat world.

Bloodletting was hardly a proven method; anymore then snake oil was a cure for everything that ailed you. Your reaching. wink lets light a candle and sing a psalm for the bloodless, shall we, how about a guitar mass?

The Tao of Physics?
I prefer Consilience http://www.2think.org/hii/wilson.shtml

>> hal said:
Oh i see, so all non-atheistic individuals are accountable for the political aspirations of a bunch of chauvinist whackos? Sweeping generalization or what?<<

The theory rings the division bell. My god is better than yours, my god told me to build a boat, split a sea, and displace 140,000 Palestinians so we can live in the chosen land…. Prove it, you can't,….. but that doesn't stop anyone from building an army to do gods bidding.

Find a group of scientist that claim the unbelievable and then build armies to defend the non-proven scientific claim. Good Luck!

If you are in fact an engineer then you should be able to understand what social engineering is all about. Of course victims of manipulation will find it hard to concede to being duped by men in dresses who are called father. People that have been programmed to fear death and look forward to life with god are conflicted. They know it's dumb, but they go back to church twice a year just in case.

If you got a worm you need to feed it. wink

Last edited by sandbox; 09/26/09 05:14 AM.