Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
….but here we are.

Yup….with yet another absurdity from the man-boy President Trump - a suggestion that the U.S. might slap a 20% tariff on goods flowing from Mexico to the U.S. Since that bit of Trump unwisdom came out, the Republicans have been trying to walk it back.

I guess someone reminded them that the Mexicans could reciprocate with a tariff on the $267 billion in goods that flow from the U.S. into Mexico.....trade that supports more than a million American jobs.

Also considering the amount of money mailed back to families in mexico from the illegals, Enrique would have to be completely out of his gourd to support a wall, let alone fund one. I'm amazed at how well he seems to be maintaining his composure, instead of just cracking up and rolling on the ground laughing at Trump's "demands".

I wonder if the reality has started to sink in on Trump yet, that he's not president of Mexico too.

Also love how the reps are now scrambling to try to figure out how to pay for this wall, now that Cpt Obvious has arrived to point out that no, Mexico isn't willing to pay for it. Since raising taxes or other methods of actually collecting money for things isn't in their playbook, I suppose they're looking for any as-yet-unraided cookie jars to raid, or jack up our national debt some more.

Lastly, on the book's DoubleSpeak, how are "we're going to force businesses like Ford to move back into the US" and "we're going to raise money by imposing a huge tariff on goods from across the border" mesh? You can either get them making cars on US soil again OR tariff them when they roll across the border, not both? Sounds like some "1+1=3" to me.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department