A few years ago when I was about to start my new job, I went out to buy a new iPhone. I wanted a 5S, 32gb. To my amazement, they didn't have any, the local Verizon only carried 16gb iPhones. (no Apple Stores here) I discussed this with the sales rep, and they explained that "No one wants the 32, they all want the 16. We can special order one for you though but it'll be a few days to get in." So while I stood there in a bit of shock, knowing my 16gb iPod was about full, the other rep walks up to the counter and asks, "do you mind space grey?" NO! I don't mind at all, do you have one? So he reaches under the counter and pulls out one. It seems that someone had special ordered it, and changed their mind and got a 16 instead, so they had this 32 sitting around that nobody wanted.

So I walked out with what *I* wanted. In the end I was sorely disappointed by "Sure you'll get coverage at your new job!". I should have known better, they'll always say that to get a sale. Less than a year later I had switched to US Cellular, where I could actually USE my phone indoors on campus.

I'm still amazed that no one was interested in a 32 even back then. I haven't added much since though.
used: 14.13gb
available: 13.63gb

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department