I'm not trying to be condescending, needs are what we all fulfill.

False, would be determined by outcome. Have we as a species found more or less evidence to validate the claims that are taught by faith based endeavors? From my perspective there is a constant flow of data to refute most Abrahamic theory for example. That in itself would demonstrate to a review board, board of directors, council, whatever, that to expend resources on the pursuit of this theory was a waste.

In the logical world this line of study would be discounted for lack of evidence and common sense. There is plenty of documentation of failed mystical theory going back to the Titans, Caves, or Pagans when the Gods were feminine.

If I were to invest in a project today that promised to cure the common cold, it would have to be fact based. A prayer, incantation or a round at the Stations of the Cross with Sister Mary St. Jude would not attract my time or capital.

If a potential client discovered that my solution to their problem was to join a faith based organization rather than pursuing a reasoned strategy I doubt that 99% of the population would find my service useful.

The issue needs to be addressed because science is causing the edges to fray, and we need to have a logical plan to deal with it as it unravels.

The theory builds armies and discounts women, while trying to capture the moral high ground. New initiatives to correct the course educates woman, and in turn reduces population growth. It doesn't feed people on unsustainable lands to a point where they are just healthy enough to produce more offspring, and turn them into fertilizers 6 months later when the milk dries up. With all due respect to Mother Theresa.

The issue, as I see it, was that faith base reasoning and "Belief" is a mistake. And in demonstrating why it is and then showing what can be done to reverse the mistake would make this thread useful. In spite of what people want to believe, the belief is nothing more than active gray matter. The affect of the out of control gray matter upon life is what really needs to be addressed.