The wifi to my iPad stopped working and I got a message, "Cellular data is turned off. Turn on cellular data or use wifi to access data."

In order to select my wifi network I need to make it visible as I run as a closed network. Therefore I opened Airport Utility (V6.3.1) which asked to install a firmware update. I installed the update.

When I try to open "Configure other" I get the request to enter the Base password, which I do, but the software enters into several minutes of "Reading settings on "Base Name".

Then it presents a dialogue box that says "Error occurred while reading the configuration".

So, now I'm stuck without wifi to my iPad. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it. I did a soft reset and created a wireless network using the same name and passwords as before, and it now works.

It would be good to know what happened, if anyone has any ideas. Edit: That is, why would the wifi become "disconnected" in the first place? It had been in use, laid down for a half hour, but without wifi when next picked up.

Last edited by ryck; 12/22/16 11:32 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C