Originally Posted By: Ira L
What you describe actually makes sense. It is a folder that is now synced with your MBP. Removing it would break the "sync link". I am guessing on some of this, but… tongue

I'm having trouble buying into that, Ira.

If my devices were dynamically synced via the cloud it would make sense to me, but as things stand I can make one-sided changes on my MBP, so why not on my iPhone, too? Why is it married to the past when there really isn't a "sync link" in play? As far as I can tell, there's no way to delete that folder from my iPhone (other than, as joemike has suggested, via the cloud).

I could modify it on my MBP and re-sync, but while that could empty it, it couldn't remove it.

It seems like there needs to be (if there isn't already) a means to manipulate synced data (such as this, at the least) on one device without affecting it on all devices.

Originally Posted By: Ira L
I don't recall if you have wi-fi or text messages on your iPhone 4, but if so, in the future you could text or e-mail the photos to yourself and once retrieved on your iPhone, save them to the Photo app on the phone. Even with a lot of photos, the process is fairly quick since you can e-mail multiple photos. If I recall, the old iPhone can only handle one photo in a text message.

Good thought; thanks! My iPhone connects to the Internet, so I could have e-mailed (but not texted...I think) the pics to myself.

Actually, though, the pics are of a painting that hangs less than 10 feet from my desk, and I could have just taken new ones, but I decided to take advantage of my first opportunity to get into the workings of iOS...

I kinda feel like the coach who drowned in a bowl of chicken soup in the first episode of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. tongue

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire