Sorry folks, Christmas is NOT a cultural holiday, it is a religious holiday. I am all for anyone and everyone having and celebrating their religious holidays in any way that their religion requires (well, human sacrifices may be an exception). But please, please, please do not tell me that participating in events associated with Christmas (e.g., caroling) does not contain elements that express religious beliefs. Were the carolers singing The Beatles "All You Need Is Love", or U2 "Everlasting Love" or Adele "First Love"? Not likely; more likely "Come All Ye Faithful".

And don't misunderstand me—that is all great and wonderful and maybe if everyone participated in everyone else's religious practices we really would have peace on earth; but never think that these public expressions and symbols are not putting forth the beliefs of a specific religion. And I am offended when a Christian does not understand that and takes an attitude of "it's no big deal". It is a big deal because practitioners of all other religions are not viewed and treated equally.

Whatever anyone wants to voluntarily do is fine with me (even outside of religious practices), but please see the celebrations for what they are and I see them to be expressions of a specific faith.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.