Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
At some point you're liable to discover that cookies that Cookie says no longer exist still appear in your Safari pref pane (although they disappear when you quit Safari). I've discussed the issue with Russell, Cookie's developer, and the nature of cookies being what it is, kind of inscrutable, we've never quite figured out what's going on….

I wonder if they're the cookies described as "the persistent cookies that have been designed to automatically respawn themselves from various secret caches". That is, are they able to stow away in some caches other than the browser cache?

I don't think they're persistent cookies, because the only concrete indication of their nature I've ever gotten is from my disappearing shopping carts, i.e. they don't re-appear unexpectedly.

I think the persistent cookies are something different, i.e. your Trump cookies, and you're going to have to tell us if Cookie actually deals with them, because you seem to be the only poster who's got them.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire