Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I have never had a (purple) American Express card but my Gold American Express card (it started out as green back in 1982) still requires the balance to be paid in full each and every month. Even if I upgraded it to a Platinum card it would still require the balance in full every month.

The purple card was replaced by the green card in the early '70s.

During the 40 years since I've dealt with AmEx I forgot that the green card has remained a charge card and the blue card is their credit card, so I took a look at the current state of all of their cards...and none of them suits my situation.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I pay all of my credit card bills by electronic funds transfer between 11:00 PM 🕚 and midnight 🕛 of the due date and not before then. The interest rates I earn on my bank balance aren't that much these days, but I like to earn what I can as long as I can.

That was a road much traveled (albeit in its snail mail incarnation) when I was living on 18% money, but since then, I've paid every bill by return mail or computer screen.

An unpaid bill is a to-do list, and I hate to-do lists!

(Do you wear an "I Speak Fluent Emoji" T-shirt? grin )

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire